The set designer collaborates with the director, and is responsible to the producer and director.
- Collaborates with director on establishing a set design
- Collaborates with director, costume and lighting designers on a colour palette
- Creates a set of accurate drawings for the builders
- Creates drawings for props/furnishings coordinator
- Attends production meetings
- Attends first rehearsal and presents design concept to director
- Attends rehearsals as available
- Attends load- in and set- up, dress rehearsals, etc.
- Coordinates scenic artists and set painters
- Coordinates props and furnishings with the appropriate coordinator
- Works within a budget