The lighting designer collaborates with the director, and is responsible to the producer, director and technical director.
- Collaborates with director on establishing a lighting design
- Collaborates with director, set and costume designers on a colour palette
- Creates a lighting plot, ground and elevation plan
- Creates cue sheets
- Attends production meetings
- Attends rehearsals as available
- Attends cue- to- cue rehearsal and makes and necessary changes
- Coordinates rental of additional lighting equipment
- Attends load- in, lighting hang, lighting focus, level set, dress rehearsals, etc.
- Works within a budget